8 years old
When did you join South West Music School?
What do you play?
Piano (Grade 5), Violin (Grade 3) and I sing (Grade 3).
When did you first get into music and what inspired you to do so?
I have enjoyed listening to music for as long as I can remember and, as my older sister was a Chorister at Bath Abbey and played cello and piano, I wanted to have the same opportunities as her.
Who/what are your musical influences?
I enjoy all types of music (apart from my Dad’s 80s music!) but my favourites are opera and classical. I particularly enjoy Pavarotti and Andre Rieu and I would love to be able to play first violin in his orchestra or sing as his sopranoist.
What would you say has been your biggest or most favourite achievement to date?
My biggest achievements to date have been:
- Being awarded a Music and Sports Scholarship at Westonbirt Prep School
- Being asked to be a Young Ambassador for England Golf
- Runner up in the Junior Golf British Open which means I qualify for the European and World Championships
- Being accepted for South West Music School!
- Being accepted for Gloucestershire County Girls Golf at the age of 6
My favourite achievements to date have been:
- Playing a piano solo at St Georges Music Hall
- Playing first violins in Bristol Junior Strings Orchestra
- Being on BBC1 on Christmas Day as part of the Bath Abbey Christmas Service where I am a member of Melody Makers
- Achieving my golf CONGU which enables me to play with anybody in golf competitions on a full 18 hole course
What do you enjoy about being part of South West Music School?
I enjoy SWMS because it is great fun and very friendly with fantastic teachers. Being able to sing and play with all types of instruments and learning how to compose and perform our own compositions is something I have not been able to do in the past and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I believe that I am gaining additional skills and experiences which I would not be able to have elsewhere and I am very thankful for having the opportunity to do this.